There are a set of questions I get asked about Instagram all the time. When’s the best time to post? What hashtags should I use? How often should I post?
To help answer those questions and more, here are 10 of our favorite Instagram tips.
- Post content outside US business hours. Instagram is most active on nights and weekends.
- Post 1-2 times a day to get the most engagement per post.
- Don’t stop posting for long periods of time or you will lose followers.
- Post more photos than videos, as photos get more engagement than videos do on Instagram.
- Post only high-quality imagery using the Instagram aesthetic. Filters are not necessary.
- Use 3-10 hashtags per post. Don’t go crazy with 25 hashtags; it’s annoying and doesn’t gain you anything.
- Try a mix of hashtags to find out what works best for you. There is no one-size-fits-all hashtag.
- Consider adding hashtags in a comment separate from a post’s caption.
- Don’t add new hashtags to older posts. They won’t be discoverable in Instagram’s search.
- Try new things to find out what works best for your audience.
If you follow these simple rules, you’ll create better Instagram content that gets more engagement and followers. Take the time to create and share high-quality content. Keep up a steady cadence of new posts to maximize engagement. Use hashtags to reach new audiences and boost content discovery. And keep at it.Please comment below what you think of this article.
Make sure we’re connected on Twitter and Instagram: @RyanHintze